Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fire and Insomnia

Have you ever had a series of unfortunate events? After a long time of not meeting, I suddenly felt insomnia creeping up to me. Here is the story of my series of unfortunate events. Btw, this was typed partially on my iPhone!

One saturday, the Aussie spring paid a surprise visit to Melbourne. The weather was so good that the residents of Rmit village decided to party. About 40 people jumped in the pseudo saltwater pool. About the pool, it was supposed to be a fresh water pool. But I guess with people or students who just jump in wearing their undershorts, the pool became kinda disgusting. Worse of all Melbourne is having water restrictions and changing swimming pool water is illegal. So, what hapens when u add more stuff to a pool while the water evaporate? What more, some parts of melbourne have been drought stricken for as long as ten years! So, get a bunch of hormone filled Americans and a pool, instant party! I swear I won't enter that pool ever unless the water is changed!

Then, from 7pm to midnight, some guy brought out has dj set and speakers to his balcony to play music for 500 residents. I was trying to complete an assignment but alas, the guy was living directly below my unit! Sui! After hours of headache and high blood pressure, i finally got to sleep.

I was far away dreaming when I heard the music playing again. I thought to myself: WTF... It was 2 am. I went to my balcony preparing to swear, but as I came back to earth, it wasn't music, it was the fire alarm! Down I went to the fire exit where I met Alex, equally dazed. When we went out:

2 fire engines, 500 residents and a AU$1700 fine! Poor guy.


After that, back to sleep. Barely an hour of twisting and turning, my roomie decides to come back wasted. The toilet was noisy and here u go:
Right.. so i decided not to sleep through the night, and theres when my problem was solved! You can't get insomnia if you dont try to sleep!


No comments:

Popular Posts