Monday, August 22, 2011
I wish I could take this along #1
This humble burger mayonaise is no typical Ramli burger because I failed to find any other (Ramli) burger that comes close to the (godlike) feeling when you take a bite at this.
I'm sure those who have been around Sungai Ara would have tasted this. Its sold by this Malay man who has been at it for many years now (first time i had it was 2001 and now he is still going strong in 2011!). You will find the stall (now a truck) parked inside Taman Sungai Ara near a Shell station and a 7-eleven.
Not sure what makes this burger so tasty but I have always been observing how it's made so here's a break down without fail:
1. Have a hot grill running with a lil oil on top.
2. Cut the burger bun into half. Add a knife of planta on all sides. Heat on the grill until the fragrance of butter fills the air for the outside and until the bread turns a lil brown on the inside side. Put to the side.
3. Get a chicken/beef patty, grill for 3-4 mins. Get a bread knife and do a butterfly on the patty (slice the patty into half so you get two thin patties). Grill the inside of the butterfly for 2 mins. Put to the side.
4. A squirt of tomato and chilli sauce on the bread bottom, a (big) handful of thinly sliced cabbage and onions to top it up. Whack a spoonful of mayonaise onto the vegs.
5. Break an egg with one hand and use the shell to spread the egg into an oval on the grill. Add a dash of pepper and some secret sauce (might be just soya sauce). Wrap the patty in the egg pouch.
6. Place the egged patty on the cabbage, top with more chilli sauce and tomato sauce! and voila!
Okay, that only sounds tantalizing but its no joke, this is hands down tastier than GBK, McD or Burger King. Damn, I wish I could take this along.
So next time you are in Penang, make sure you have a try at this stall at Sungai Ara. I gurantee you will never regret it!
Yay! Just had my Exxonmobil interview on the Phone! Can't say how well it went but I can tell you what did they ask! So here it goes...
Last updated 21 Sept 2013 Creating a mobile app is easier than I thought thanks to the latest technologies at your disposal. Web develope...
In case you did not know, Shell, Exxon and Petronas are the big oil and gas companies in Malaysia. All three have their main offices in KL C...
Oil and gas demands are higher than ever, with China, Japan and the USA having the largest appetite for energy! This summer, yours truly is...
You have reached almost the second last post! With the last post being the most important one! Okay, when has some interviewer made your l...
Definitely one of the best songs of 2013! However, the music video is quite puzzling no? There is a dark story behind the music vide...
Here's a list of Malaysian venture capital companies. They are looking for business plans and intend to fund entrepreneurs. If you fancy...
Video Here! kè guān bù kě yǐ 客 官 不 可 以 biān qū: xú liáng 编 曲：徐 良 zuò qū: xú liáng 作 曲： 徐 良 zuò cí: xú liáng 作 词： 徐 良 yǎn chàn...
Chapter 3 Oct 16 Introduction @ the Interview Ah yes, you have made it this far to chapter 3. Every interview is similar in the sense that...
Just did Citi's numeracy test. It is anything but a numeracy test. For all of you all who already done it, appreciate some feedback! B...