Thursday, February 20, 2014

Marina Bay Sands: Disappointed

For the price, their level of customer delight is simply on par. Also, their cleanliness was also not up to the expectations the have set.


1. Note the cracked cup that I got in my room.

2. The teabag string was also too short that it always fell in upon pouring water.

3. The glass on their shower was not clean, had a hint of lime scale.

4. For goodness sake, please temperature control the pool! A suggestion is to get a heat exchanger and recycle heat from air conditioning!

Sorry I have OCD and first world problems, but that is the reason why I would pay a more for something better than the competition. Customers don't pay a premium for just good. They are most likely expecting the immaculate for their special day.



Of all the hotels I have checked in, I had the highest expectations for this one, but I was sadly disappointed. There were hundreds of other hotels on the island but I chose this for my 10th Anniversary hoping that they would take the initiative to delight a customer.

Well, do not keep your hopes up. It was the best time to test what world class meant. Answer: Not much.

5. I wrote to their customer service and asked them if they had anything special to offer for my 10th Anniversary. All I got was a price list. No more initiative after that. Zero.

Let me share with you a business that took customer delight seriously that Marina Bay Sands can pay heed to. Here is a business that went the extra mile.

Check out Sky Dining on Mount Faber!

Popular Posts