Its 3am. You are fast asleep. You hear a buzzing sound from left to right. It stops. Then you suddenly feel a sting on your body. You wake up and turn on the lights. To you horror, mosquitoes are queuing up on your bedside, some already fat lil balloons of your blood. You can't take it anymore... -.-
Tadaa!! Seriously the best investment for the year. The last thing you want to do is get down with dengue.
At RM170, its a lil steep but definitely worth it in this weather and mosquito invasion.
Quite straight forward, its a fan with a UV light on top. You can get it from Ace Hardware in Malaysia. Personally I prefer the ones with high voltage electricity, which make as snap when a mosquito touches the electrified metal.
None of that here though. Its a rotating fan and mosquitoes just get sucked into a funnel below. They don't die instantly though.
It takes a a day or two for them to dehydrate and shrivel up.
The best time to use this contraption is at night when its dark. Note that mosquitos are most active at dawn and at dusk. Contrary to popular belief, here are some tips on how to use them and get the best results.
Here is how I got a hundred mosquitoes in a week.
1. Go to the gym or do some exercise that makes you sweat loads.
2. Set the machine in the middle of a room, at 1m above the ground for better results.
3. Take your sweaty shirt, put it next to the machine - spray some water for more effect.
4. Plug everything in and turn on the machine.
5. Turn off the lights. Works better in complete darkness.
6. Sleep carefree for the night
7. Wake to mosquitoes in the trap!
Happy Sleeping! Feel free to leave a comment!