Monday, October 26, 2009

Literal meaning vs Implied meaning

When women say something, it's the tip of the iceberg.

When was the last time your girl said, "You don’t understand me"? and goes off feeling sad? Men and women communicate differently as men tend to me more direct and specific while women tend to hide their true message under a blanket of words and emotion. Women tend to imply and draw conclusions. Here's an example:


Husband: I am going to the corner store to get a tool box.
Wife: Oh could, you drop by the grocery shop next door and get me some onions.
Husband: But, I am going to the corner store to get a tool box.
Wife: I have so many things to do, why can't you just be useful and help me do just that.
Husband: But, I am going to the corner store to get a tool box!!
and an argument starts......

Okay, here's the underlying meaning,
Husband: He really wants to go to the corner store to get a tool box!! That is all that is in his mind and he is too focused on it to do anything else. In his head, are the simplified headlines: TOOLBOX at CORNER SHOP.


and here is what the woman is actually saying


Wife: Oh could, you drop by the grocery shop next door and get me some onions.
What she mean: the grocery shop is on the way, you could save me some time so that after that we could have more you and me time. While you are at the shop, please get me that box of chocolates and flowers cause it has been sometime since you got me a present. I would love you so much more for that and I will give you your reward for that!


Wife: I have so many things to do, why can't you just be useful and help me do just that.
What she means: I am feeling really exhausted with all this tasks. I have been doing the dishes, ironing, cleaning cooking, making sure the kids are all ready for school. I need attention from you right now.A hug would be good and I want you to make me feel better. You could make me feel better by lessening my burden so that we can enjoy our time later. (And the implied meaning can go on and on. It's scary when i think of it)


The morals, need I say more??? Think this one for yourself and good luck!!


But just in case, here is something to take home:
Guys: Look for the hidden meaning behind her worlds. Its not easy at all but it’s a skill that should be learnt. The best way is to be nice! Do something that will make a whole room of girls go,”Awwww” and she will be yours for life.


Girls: Please be patient with guys. When a guys say something, that’s all he means. Nothing else. There is no implication to that. I don’t think men are that complicated to imply things yet.


Back...........................Page 10/10........................Back to Start

No comments:

Popular Posts